Roasted Pumpkin bursts with flavor. Excellent, simple side dish. And so easy!
RECIPE IDEA: Roasted Pumpkin. Pumpkin—not just for pies and soup!
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen. What do you do with a pumpkin if you aren’t ready to make a pie or jack-o-lantern? As part of our vegetable subscription service, we found ourselves with two small pumpkins. We didn’t want them to go to waste!
When we had our Chinese friend over to supper a couple weeks ago, she commented that in China, they fry pumpkin and eat is as a vegetable. So I thought I’d try roasting it like I do other veggies. It was super, especially served with Sweet Bourbon Salmon! I also think it would be good roasted like Acorn Squash with a little brown sugar and butter. But next, I plan to make some Vegan Pumpkin Pudding that I found in the Candle Cafe Cookbook. Can’t wait. Maybe tonight.
This recipe is so simple. Check it out…
Simple Roasted Pumpkin Recipe
Roasting brings out the flavor. This Roasted Pumpkin is SO tasty.
- 1/2 a small pumpkin peeled, seeded and cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt optional
- Spread the pumpkin chunks on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix to cover the pumpkin in the oil.
- Spread the pumpkin evenly over one layer on the pan.
- Sprinkle with the Herbes de Provence and salt (if using).
- Bake in a 400F degree oven for 40 minutes, turning the chunks over at about 20 minutes.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Simple Roasted Pumpkin Nutrition Information
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Smoky Maple Root Vegetables
- Sweet Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?