RECIPE IDEA: 30-Minute Veal Piccata
Hi, it’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about my friend Maggie’s 30-Minute Veal Piccata.
I have been visiting family and friends in Wisconsin for a couple weeks. Last week my friend Maggie made us some absolutely scrumptious 30-Minute Veal Piccata. Actually, I think it took about 20 minutes. And it’s super easy. She made it gluten free, too! Even a new cook could make this meal.
I picked up some thinly sliced veal at the local grocery. Usually this cut of meat is called a veal cutlet. Maggie’s new local grocery store is amazing. It’s called Fresh Thyme Organic Farmers Market and it carries tons of organic produce and meat, lots of options for various products, and the prices are great. Unless, of course, you’re like me and you go there every damn day.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
30-Minute Veal Piccata
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 veal cutlets slices
- Salt and pepper optional
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut in little bits
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Parsley minced (for garnish)
- Lemon slices or wedges for garnish
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan.
- Lightly salt and pepper the veal cutlets, if desired.
- Dredge the veal in the rice flour until coated. Shake off excess flour.
- Place the coated veal in the hot oil and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Then turn the cutlets over and brown the other side, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cutlets to a warmed plate; set aside.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Add the butter a little at a time to the wine sauce, stirring to incorporate and thicken.
- Return the cutlets to the pan to the pan to warm.
- Transfer the cutlets to a serving dish and pour the remaining sauce over the cutlets.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the cutlets and top with capers, lemon slices and minced parsley.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.