Deliciously easy. Tomatoes. Green Beans. Garlic. Vinaigrette. Yum!
Recipe Idea: Green Bean Tomato Salad
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about one of my favorite salads, Green Bean Tomato Salad.
This is another Moosewood Restaurant recipe (Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant), and it is SO good. It was quick and easy to make, too. The original description says, “This versatile side dish is served in Chile, especially in the summer, when green beans and tomatoes are abundant.”
This is the perfect summer salad. It is very flavorful and eye-catching. It’s best made with fresh green beans, but you could substitute cooked and cooled, frozen green beans. We are so lucky in the United States. We have fresh vegetables available year round.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, cleaned, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound of cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Steam the green beans until they are crisp tender and still bright green.
- Pour them into a bowl and set them aside to cool.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in with the green beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and garlic for the dressing.
- When the beans are cool, toss the tomatoes and green beans with the dressing.