Green Bean Tomato Salad. Deliciously easy. Tomatoes. Green Beans. Garlic. Vinaigrette. Yum!
Green Bean Tomato Salad
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about one of my favorite salads, Green Bean Tomato Salad.
It is an adaptation of another Moosewood Restaurant recipe. It’s from Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant (affiliate link), and it is SO good. It was quick and easy to make, too. The original description says, “This versatile side dish is served in Chile, especially in the summer, when green beans and tomatoes are abundant.”
This is the perfect summer or anytime salad. It is very flavorful and eye-catching. It’s best made with fresh green beans, but you could substitute cooked and cooled, frozen green beans. We are so lucky in the United States. We have fresh vegetables available year round.
WHAT YOU NEED
You’ll want a vegetable steamer and a beautiful serving bowl for this recipe. You also need measuring cups and spoons, knife, cutting board, and garlic mincer.
Green Bean and Tomato Salad RecipePrint
Green Bean and Tomato Salad
You’ll find crunchy, packed with flavor goodness in this Green Bean Tomato Salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound fresh green beans (cleaned, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Steam the green beans until they are crisp tender and still bright green.
- Pour them into a bowl and set them aside to cool.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in with the green beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and garlic for the vinaigrette dressing.
- When the beans are cool, toss the tomatoes and green beans with the dressing.
- Calories: 155
Keywords: green bean tomato salad;, green beans and tomatoes, green beans salad
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Mushroom Green Bean Casserole with French Onions
- Southern Green Bean Casserole (with cheese!)
- Traditional Sage Stuffing
- Cornbread Stuffing With Dates Cranberries and Sausage
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes
- Fruit Cocktail Salad (the kids love this one)
- Don’s Famous Favorite Pecan Pie
- Think You’re Gluten Intolerant?
- Celebrate Your Successes
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES TO GET TIPS, RECIPES & FREE GIFTS
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop January 26, 2016 and updated March 27, 2021.