Green Bean Tomato Salad. Deliciously easy. Tomatoes. Green Beans. Garlic. Vinaigrette. Yum!
Green Bean Tomato Salad
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about one of my favorite salads, Green Bean Tomato Salad.
This is another Moosewood Restaurant recipe (Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant), and it is SO good. It was quick and easy to make, too. The original description says, “This versatile side dish is served in Chile, especially in the summer, when green beans and tomatoes are abundant.”
This is the perfect summer or anytime salad. It is very flavorful and eye-catching. It’s best made with fresh green beans, but you could substitute cooked and cooled, frozen green beans. We are so lucky in the United States. We have fresh vegetables available year round.
Green Bean and Tomato Salad Recipe
Green Bean and Tomato Salad
You'll find crunchy, packed with flavor goodness in this Green Bean Tomato Salad.
- 1 pound fresh green beans (cleaned, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Steam the green beans until they are crisp tender and still bright green.
- Pour them into a bowl and set them aside to cool.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in with the green beans.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and garlic for the vinaigrette dressing.
- When the beans are cool, toss the tomatoes and green beans with the dressing.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
You’ll want a vegetable steamer and a beautiful serving bowl for this recipe.
Green Bean and Tomato Salad Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Mushroom Green Bean Casserole with French Onions
- Southern Green Bean Casserole (with cheese!)
- Traditional Sage Stuffing
- Cornbread Stuffing With Dates Cranberries and Sausage
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes
- Fruit Cocktail Salad (the kids love this one)
- Don’s Famous Favorite Pecan Pie