RECIPE IDEA: Apple Tomato Chicken Salad, Sweet & Tasty
Hi, it’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about my Apple Tomato Chicken Salad recipe. You can never have too many kinds of chicken salad in my humble opinion. We always have plenty of canned chicken on hand, so it’s a perfect quick meal.
For this one, I take my Basic Chicken Salad and add apples and tomatoes. Then I serve it over a nice bed of mixed lettuces, including kale, spinach, and romaine. You can use any greens you like, or make a sandwich out of it. The apples provide a bit of sweetness and the tomatoes provide color and vitamin C. If you read the nutrition label, you’ll see it’s a healthy bit of protein and vitamins.
One of Don’s favorite lunches is chicken salad. He often orders it in restaurants to see how good their food is. It’s the item that determines whether he will return to the restaurant. His go-to evening, tell-tale meal, on the other hand, is Eggplant Parmesan. If a restaurant offers it, he will order it the first time he’s there. If it’s good, he will be back; if not, he crosses the restaurant off his list.
Note that I prefer Miracle Whip Salad Dressing as I think it has more flavor than mayonnaise. If you prefer mayonnaise, use it instead. It adds about 20 calories per serving to the recipe. Either way, you’re gonna wanna eat this.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Apple Chicken Salad
- 1 can cooked, canned chicken 12.5 oz
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 2 green onions white and tender green parts only, sliced small
- 1 red apple such as a Delicious or Gala, seeded and chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes halved, quartered or sliced (your preference)
- 4 cups mixed raw greens
- Drain the chicken and place the chicken in a medium bowl.
- Add the Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise), pepper, celery, green onions, apple pieces and tomato quarters.
- Mix gently until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve over 1 cup mixed, raw greens that have been washed and spun dry.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.