Tomato Red Pepper Salad is so easy, you will wonder why you haven't made it yet. Roast the red peppers. They are amazing.
Tomato Red Pepper Salad, so scrumptious and elegant.
This lovely little salad is tasty and a beautiful accompaniment to any meal. It's as simple as 1-2-3 and is based on Dorie Greenspan's recipe, but quite frankly, I cannot remember if I changed anything when I made it. I love roasted red peppers, and the cumin adds a depth to it that can't be beat.
I suggest you use homegrown fresh tomatoes, but this salad can be made any time of the year using grape tomatoes. I used heirloom tomatoes, regular tomatoes, and roasted red pepper, along with diced (uncooked) red pepper. Yummy!
Dorie Greenspan's cookbook, Around My French Table (affiliate link), is filled with about 300 amazing recipes. I love every recipe I have made from it, including her French Lentils and Corn Pancakes.
Tomato Red Pepper Salad
- 20 grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 roasted red pepper diced, or a small jar of pimentos, drained
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste about ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper
- Toss all of the ingredients together and stir to combine.
- You can also add a tiny bit of white vinegar if you like.
Check Out These Other Tomato Recipes
- Stuffed Tomatoes
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Sliced Tomato Salad
- Simple Sliced Tomato and Onion Salad
- Green Bean Tomato Salad
- Fried Green Tomatoes
Leave a Reply