RECIPE IDEA: Tomato Red Pepper Salad—Beautiful Addition to Any Meal
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking to you about Tomato Red Pepper Salad.
This lovely little salad is tasty and a beautiful accompaniment to any meal. It is based on Dorie Greenspan’s recipe, but quite frankly, I cannot remember if I changed anything when I made it. I love roasted red peppers, and the cumin adds a depth to it that can’t be beat.
Have you been to France? I have not, but Don lived there for several years when he was a boy. Visiting France and sampling all the food is on our bucket list. What’s on your list?
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 20 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (or a small jar of pimentos, drained)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all of the ingredients together and stir to combine.
- You can also add a tiny bit of white vinegar if you like.