Mild, flavorful and full of protein, this Black Eyed Peas White Bean Chili is comfort food you’ll love.
Black Eyed Peas White Chili Is Filling Comfort Food
Don here. It’s football playoff time. Time for chili. Lois is not too fond of white beans , but she loved this chili using back eyed peas and ground turkey. The black eyed peas keep their shape and the texture is good. I puree the white beans to create a creamy texture. The recipe is easy and using turkey instead of ground beef considerably reduces the fat in the recipe.
Check out the recipe.
I am of an age where really spicy foods don’t agree with me so I make a less spicy chili that is flavorful but not too spicy. The cinnamon adds a nice touch—kind of Mediterranean. Although you might think the tablespoon full of jalapeño peppers would make it too hot, it adds just enough zip without being too spicy for my taste. The white cheddar and sour cream garnish adds a nice touch and cuts the heat in the spices.
So cook up a batch, tune in your favorite game and grab a beer or glass of wine and enjoy.
You’ll need some great beer steins or glasses to drink that beer!
Black Eyed Peas White Chili Recipe
Black Eyed Peas White Chili
- ½ onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 15-oz cans of black eyed peas
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cups white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cups sour cream
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ground turkey until the turkey is browned.
- Be sure to break the turkey into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the jalapeno peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, white pepper and sauté for a few more minutes, until the flavors begin to mingle.
- Add the two cans of black eyed peas (rinse first) and chicken broth.
Rinse and puree the cannellini beans and add them to the pot.
- Simmer until some of liquid evaporates and the broth to solids ratio suites you.
To serve, ladle the chili into bowls; sprinkle on the cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.
Food Pairing: Add a mixed green salad and some French Bread.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Black Eyed Peas White Chili Nutrition Information
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?