Broccoli Carrot Salad is a pretty and nutrition side salad you can make in about 20 minutes. The vinaigrette dressing is light and flavorful.
Broccoli Carrot Salad
I found this Broccoli Carrot Salad in one of my favorite cookbooks, Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special. The only thing I changed was to add some red onion to it and I used "lite" soy sauce. It's tasty and has good vitamins, protein and fiber, while also being gluten free and vegan. The closer your food is to a naturally grown food source, the better it is for you.
Gluten Free and Vegan
When I attend a potluck, I generally bring one or two dishes I know I can eat since I don't eat gluten or dairy. My health issues sometimes make it hard to eat anywhere except at home. Do you have any dietary restrictions? How do you handle eating in a restaurant or ordering carryout?
What You Need
You will need measuring cups and spoons, garlic mincer, vegetable peeler, microplane grater, knife, cutting board, vegetable steamer, wire whisk, and bowls. Do yourself a favor and buy a good set of pans.
Broccoli Carrot Salad Recipe
Broccoli Carrot Salad
Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 4 carrots (cleaned, peeled and cut in rounds)
- 2 broccoli crowns (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients, whisking until emulsified.
Salad Vegetables Directions
- Steam the carrots until crisp tender, about 10 minutes
- Steam the broccoli until crisp tender, about 5 minutes
- Toss the broccoli and carrots in a bowl with the onions and set aside to cool.
Combine Dressing and Vegetables
- When the vegetables are cool, toss them in the dressing and serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Leave a Reply