Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad. Excellent! The combination of watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and a light vinaigrette with basil, mint, and dill is inspired.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad. OMG. I don’t usually use the abbreviation OMG, but this is one salad that deserves it. This Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad with Tomatoes and Feta is REALLY good. Watch how I make it on Bob Corso’s 1 on 1 program on WHSV.com.
This Watermelon Salad came about because I had some leftover watermelon.
You see, our oldest daughter and family went home, and there we were, left with half a watermelon. We had it in a fruit salad; I ate slices of it at a few meals, and I still had two cups of diced watermelon left! So I looked up Watermelon Feta salads and decided to combine the ingredients of several that I found. Simple. Making it took less than 15 minutes.
What You Need
Watermelon Salad with Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Feta Recipe
Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
Crunchy, refreshing salad that is a little bit salty and a little bit sweet. The BEST Watermelon Mint Salad.
- 4 cups watermelon (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1-2 large English cucumber (Cut in bite-sized pieces. English cucumbers are less bitter. You want to end up with about equal amounts of cucumbers, watermelon and tomatoes.)
- 4 cups Italian Roma tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes, diced)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta goat cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sliced almonds.
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, mint, dill weed, basil and salt in a small jar and shake vigorously to combine and emulsify the vinaigrette dressing.
- Pour this dressing over the watermelon mixture and gently stir to combine.
If you have the time, refrigerate for one hour or more to set the flavors.
Top with feta cheese and serve immediately.
Use equal amounts of watermelon, cucumbers and tomatoes. The exact amount is not important.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Label
What’s Not to Love?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there… subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Watermelon Olive Mint Salad
- Cucumber and Onion Salad
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Fennel Orange Cucumber Salad
- Homemade Mint Tea