Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad. Excellent! The combination of watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and a light vinaigrette with basil, mint, and dill is inspired.
Reasons To Try This Salad
Whether you’re looking for the perfect summer salad or need to use up the glob of cucumbers coming out of your garden, this yummy salad is always a good choice!
- Fresh produce is abundant during the summer (and readily available the rest of the year)! If you grow a garden, you'll have the ingredients at your fingertips through the summer season. And if you don't, the farmers market and your grocery store have the ingredients all year round.
- Filling and satisfying. Surprisingly, even though there are lots of fresh fruit, veggies, and herbs from the garden, adding the feta cheese and toasted almonds will keep your tummy satisfied
- Colorful side dish. This watermelon feta cucumber mint salad (a mouthful, I know!) goes perfectly with grilled chicken, meatloaf, a burger, a wrap, and any of your favorite main courses.
Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad is delightful
This Watermelon Cucumber Mint Salad with Tomatoes and Feta is REALLY good. I don't usually use the abbreviation OMG, but this is one salad that deserves it.
This Watermelon Salad came about because I had some leftover watermelon. You see, one summer our oldest daughter and family came to visit, and when they went home, there we were, left with half a watermelon. We had it in a fruit salad; I ate slices of it at a few meals, and I still had two cups of diced watermelon left! So I looked up Watermelon Feta salads and decided to combine the ingredients of several that I found. Simple. Making it took less than 15 minutes.
What you'll need for this watermelon and cucumber salad
You don't need any special tools for this, but I highly recommend getting yourself a good set of knives (affiliate link). They make all the difference in the kitchen! I love my chef's knife!
Of course, you need some salad mixing tools and a pretty salad bowl for serving.
And with only a few simple ingredients, you'll have this salad ready to devour in no time. Here's what you need:
- seedless watermelon
- English cucumber
- Roma (you can also use cherry or grape) tomatoes
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh basil
- a few dill sprigs
- virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salty feta cheese
- kosher salt
There are many ways to vary this recipe. Here are just a few:
- give your watermelon cucumber salad a Mediterranean feel by replacing the red watermelon with yellow watermelon cubes. Or by replacing your tomatoes with a yellow or orange tomato
- use a melon baller to make watermelon balls instead of watermelon cubes
- skip the tomatoes
- add red onions
- change up the herbs. For example, you could replace the basil or mint with cilantro
- splash some lime juice on it
- sprinkle some ground black pepper
- try balsamic vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar
More Salad Recipes
- Watermelon Olive Mint Salad
- Cucumber and Onion Salad
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Fennel Orange Cucumber Salad
- Tomato And Red Pepper Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- What To Do With Leftover Watermelon
Watermelon Feta Cucumber Mint Salad with Tomatoes
- 4 cups watermelon Cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1-2 large English cucumber Cut in bite-sized pieces. English cucumbers are less bitter. You want to end up with about equal amounts of cucumbers, watermelon and tomatoes.
- 4 cups Italian Roma tomatoes About 3 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta goat cheese optional
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sliced almonds.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, mint, dill weed, basil and salt in a small jar and shake vigorously to combine and emulsify the vinaigrette dressing.
- Pour this dressing over the watermelon mixture and gently stir to combine.
- If you have the time, refrigerate for one hour or more to set the flavors.
- Top with feta cheese and serve immediately.