Broccoli salad is a delicious, crunchy salad that is good anytime of the year. Ready in 15 minutes. Good for supper or a potluck dinner.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, with a delicious Broccoli Salad recipe. This recipe originally came from Don’s mom, Momma Betty, and it is our daughter Roni’s favorite salad.
It’s a good “covered dish” to take to a potluck dinner. I made it yesterday to take to Valley Friends Meeting (Quakers) today because Meeting was having a special speaker after Meeting for Worship.
Broccoli Salad is easy and quite tasty. I often buy the precut bags of broccoli at Costco. That makes it super simple. It does have a good bit of sugar and mayonnaise in it, like any old-fashioned Southern recipe. Recently, however, I made it with just 1/8 cup of sugar and I couldn’t tell the difference.
Some people make it with crumbled bacon added. That sounds delicious to me!
What Do You Need for This Recipe?
Well, you need some knives, a cutting board and measuring cups and spoons. And a beautiful dish to serve it in doesn’t hurt!
- 3 bunches broccoli crowns (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (I like the red onions for this)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (toasted or 12 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup white raisins (can substitute brown raisins or craisins)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar (try it with 1/8 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or raspberry vinegar)
- Mix the broccoli, onions, almonds and raisins until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Broccoli Salad Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Broccoli Carrot Salad
- French Green Lentils
- Lentil, Rice & Fruit Salad
- Lentil Sweet Potato Salad
- Lentil Stuffed Roasted Eggplant
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?