Broccoli salad is a delicious, crunchy salad that is good anytime of the year. Ready in 15 minutes. Good for supper or a potluck dinner.
This Broccoli Salad recipe originally came from Don’s mom, Momma Betty, and it is our daughter Roni’s favorite salad. It’s a good “covered dish” to take to a potluck dinner. I made it recently to take to Valley Friends Meeting (Quakers) because Meeting was having a special speaker after Meeting for Worship.
Broccoli Salad is easy and quite tasty. I often buy the precut bags of broccoli at Costco. That makes it super simple. It does have a good bit of sugar and mayonnaise in it, like any old-fashioned Southern recipe. Recently, however, I made it with just 1/8 cup of sugar and I couldn’t tell the difference.
Some people make it with crumbled bacon added. That sounds delicious to me!
What Do You Need for This Recipe?
Well, you need some knives, a cutting board and measuring cups and spoons. And a beautiful dish to serve it in doesn’t hurt!
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 3 bunches broccoli crowns (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (I like the red onions for this)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (toasted or 12 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup white raisins (can substitute brown raisins or craisins)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar (try it with 1/8 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or raspberry vinegar)
- Mix the broccoli, onions, almonds and raisins until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Broccoli Salad. So tasty. Cancer-fighting goodness. Simple, 15-minute, no-cook recipe. #broccolisalad #broccolisaladrecipe #broccolirecipes #saladrecipes #glutenfree #vegetarian #Southerncooking #recipes #recipeideashop
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Broccoli Carrot Salad
- French Green Lentils
- Lentil, Rice & Fruit Salad
- Lentil Sweet Potato Salad
- Lentil Stuffed Roasted Eggplant
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?