Broccoli salad is a delicious, crunchy salad that is good anytime of the year. Ready in 15 minutes. Good for supper or a potluck dinner.
Broccoli Salad is a favorite at our house.
This Broccoli Salad recipe originally came from Don's mom, Momma Betty, and it is our daughter Roni's favorite salad. It's a good "covered dish" to take to a potluck dinner. I made it recently to take to Valley Friends Meeting (Quakers) because Meeting was having a special speaker after Meeting for Worship.
Broccoli Salad is easy and quite tasty. I often buy the precut bags of broccoli at Costco. That makes it super simple. It does have a good bit of sugar and mayonnaise in it, like any old-fashioned Southern recipe. Recently, however, I made it with just ⅛ cup of sugar and I couldn't tell the difference. Some people make it with crumbled bacon added. That sounds delicious to me!
What Do You Need for This Recipe?
Well, you need some professional knives, a cutting board and measuring cups and spoons. And a beautiful dish to serve it in doesn't hurt!
More Recipes To Try
- Broccoli Carrot Salad
- French Green Lentils
- Lentil, Rice & Fruit Salad
- Lentil Sweet Potato Salad
- Lentil Stuffed Roasted Eggplant
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 3 bunches broccoli crowns cut in bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup chopped onions I like the red onions for this
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted or 12 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup white raisins can substitute brown raisins or craisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup sugar or up to ¼ cup if you like it sweeter
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- Mix the broccoli, onions, almonds and raisins until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later.
Leave a Reply