Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette. Even people who don't like Brussels Sprouts like this one. It's super good and makes an excellent side dish for any occasion.
Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette
This Brussels Sprouts and Carrots recipe is a spectacular addition to any meal. OMG. It is SO good. If you are "eating in season," now is a great time to make this salad. Brussels sprouts are in season October through March. Carrots are plentiful in the grocery store now, but their season begins in late spring. It takes just 25 minutes to make this recipe.
Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette makes a beautiful addition to your menu. It's light, tasty and healthful with all those cancer-fighting properties. Real comfort food with a healthy twist.
Again, hooray for Moosewood! Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special (affiliate link) is quickly becoming my favorite cookbook. This side dish can be served hot or cold. It is terrific. Even Brian, our son-in-law who hates Brussels sprouts, ate this when we served it! A-MAZ-ING.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a vegetable peeler, knife, cutting board, pans, a bowl, and measuring cups and spoons. But what you really want is a cool vegetable steamer and a lovely serving dish, right?
Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette Recipe
- 4 large carrots washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts cut in half
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Steam or boil the vegetables until tender crisp.
- To use one pot, put the Brussels sprouts in the water at the bottom of a steamer pan and put the carrots in the top of the steamer.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain water from the veggies.
Making Vinaigrette and Putting It Together
- Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables and stir.
- Serve hot or cold.
Leave a Reply