Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette. Even people who don’t like Brussels Sprouts like this one. It’s super good and makes an excellent side dish for special occasions.
I was searching through my recipes one year to see what would be a spectacular addition to the Thanksgiving meal, and I came up with this one. OMG. It was SO good.
Again, hooray for Moosewood! Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special is quickly becoming my favorite cookbook. This side dish can be served hot or cold. It is terrific. Even Brian, our son-in-law who hates Brussels sprouts, ate this when we served it! A-MAZ-ING.
Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette makes a beautiful addition to any meal. It’s light, tasty and healthful with all those cancer-fighting properties.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a vegetable peeler, knife, cutting board, pans, a bowl, and measuring cups and spoons. But what you really want is a cool vegetable steamer, lovely serving dish and great coffee maker, am I right?
Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette Recipe
Brussels Sprouts and Carrots in Vinaigrette
Tangy and scrumptious, even people who don't think they like Brussels Sprouts love this side dish.
- 4 large carrots (washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (cut in half)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Steam or boil the vegetables until tender crisp.
- To use one pot, put the Brussels sprouts in the water at the bottom of a steamer pan and put the carrots in the top of the steamer.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to medium and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain water from the veggies.
Making Vinaigrette and Putting It Together
- Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables and stir.
- Serve hot or cold.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Apple Walnut Salad
- Honeyed Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
- Carrots Vermouth
- Sweet Roasted Carrots