Chicken Piccata is one of my go-to choices when I eat in Italian restaurants. It's a simple, lemon chicken with capers, and it's so, so good.
Chicken Piccata Easy
Really, this Chicken Piccata (Easy) couldn't be simpler. Less than 10 ingredients and about 25-30 minutes to make the whole recipe. Tenderize the chicken, dredge it in flour, cook it on top of the stove in a little oil for a few minutes until done, deglaze the pot, serve with the drippings and capers. You'll be eating in 30 minutes and feeling like royalty.
Start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cut them to serving size and pound them until about one-quarter-inch thick.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge it through some gluten free flour, shake off the excess and put it in a sautÃ© pan with hot oil.
Brown the chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes a side. Remove the chicken to a warm plate. Pour the wine in the pan, stir. Add the butter to the pan a little at a time, stirring frequently. Continue cooking until the sauce is reduced by half.
Put the chicken back in the pan to warm, about 30 seconds or so per side. Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over the top. Garnish with lemon slices, minced parsley, and capers. And you are ready to eat your scrumptious Chicken Piccata (EASY)!
Eat alongside Green Beans Almandine and Lemon Rice. Enjoy a nice glass of white wine with your meal. What a combo!
WHAT YOU NEED
You will need a meat mallet, good saute pan (oh heck, as long as you are buying one, get the whole set), measuring cups and spoons, a knife, and a wire whisk. And capers (affiliate link), of course.
Chicken Piccata Easy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup white rice flour or another gluten-free flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cut in little bits
- Juice of ½ a lemon about 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ teaspoon minced parsley for garnish
- Lemon slices or wedges for garnish
- Pound the chicken with a mallet until it is about ¼-inch thick
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan.
- Lightly salt and pepper the pounded chicken breasts.
- Dredge the chicken in the rice flour until coated. Shake off excess flour.
- Place the coated chicken in the hot oil and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Then turn the chicken over and brown the other side, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a warmed plate; set aside.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Add the butter a little at a time to the wine sauce, stirring to incorporate and thicken.
- Return the chicken to the pan to warm.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and top with capers, lemon slices and minced parsley.
Leave a Reply