South Beach Balsamic Chicken. Simple marinade. Delicious grilled chicken from the South Beach Diet Phase One.
South Beach balsamic chicken is easy and flavorful.
Balsamic vinegar and white wine, combined with rosemary and garlic, pack this South Beach Phase One balsamic chicken with a robust juiciness. In the wintertime, we make this marinated chicken in the oven. But in the summer, we grill it. Delicious either way, and oh, so easy.
Here's what you do: Mix the marinade, slather it on the chicken, refrigerate for at least one hour, turning the chicken over to make sure the marinade sinks into the chicken on all sides. Then bake or grill.
The recipe comes from The South Beach Diet (affiliate link) cookbook, which has some fabulous whole foods recipes. Don and I have incorporated several of the South Beach recipes into our regular recipe repertoire.
What You Need
This is so simple, all you need are measuring cups and spoons and a good baking dish for marinating and baking the chicken in. You can even use a zip-closed plastic bag when marinating. And a pair of cooking tongs is helpful.
But what you really want is a great gas grill and some wonderful dinnerware and glassware. Am I right?
South Beach Balsamic Chicken Recipe
South Beach Balsamic Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced or ½ teaspoon jarred, minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt use sea salt for corn free
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Put it in a baking dish in a single layer and set it aside.
- In a 1 cup or larger measuring cup, add the vinegar, wine, oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk to emulsify.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the chicken and make sure all parts of the chicken are coated. Cover the chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour. At least once in the hour, turn the chicken over to make sure the vinaigrette covers all the chicken.
- Heat oven to 450°F. [Alternatively, you can bake the chicken on a hot outdoor grill for 6 minutes a side or on an indoor grill for a total of 6 minutes.]
- Remove the covering from your baking dish and put the dish uncovered in the hot oven for 20 minutes, turning the chicken over midway through the baking time.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt)*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Easy Oven Roasted Spatchcocked Chicken
- Croatian Grilled Chicken
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Italian Chicken
- Chicken Curry
- Chicken and Collards
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally published on Recipe Idea Shop July 31, 2019 and updated March 18, 2021.