Easy Lemon Chicken really is easy. Just 10 minutes prep time and 55-60 minutes in the oven. And it’s so scrumptious.
Easy Lemon Chicken can be served with rice, potatoes, noodles or vegetables.
This is a meal you can put in the oven and sit back and relax while it bakes. It’s a wonderful dinner any time of the year, and perfect for a simple family supper after work. You will have time to unwind from the stresses of the day.
I made Easy Lemon Chicken for my friends Maggie and Joe, and this time I added fresh tarragon. Adding lemon zest at the last minute enhances the flavor. Scrumptious! We had a baked potato and a baked sweet potato at the same time, and we steamed some broccoli. Easy peasy. This simple meal allowed us to sit and visit while the chicken and potatoes cooked.
A glass of wine, some conversation and a tasty meal. Good deal!.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a baking dish, knives, a cutting board, measuring spoons, a lemon zester and either minced garlic or a garlic mincer. But what you really want is some fabulous stemware, am I right?
Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe
Easy Lemon Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lemons 1 sliced and 1 zested and squeezed
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste I use about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Spread the olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay the onion slices atop the olive oil.
- Place the lemon slices over the onion slices.
- Lay the chicken breasts over the onion and lemon layers.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, tarragon (if using), and minced garlic.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and grated Pecorino Romano and return the pan to the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Croatian Chicken
- Wilted Kale
- Grilled Pork Tenders
- Grilled Spatchcocked Chicken
- South Beach Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Vegetables
- Grilled Scalloped Potatoes