Recipe Idea: Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. Today, I’m talking about a pie my mom always made for us a few times a year. This Graham Cracker Pie Crust is perfect for a Lemon Meringue Pie.
Mom was a woman of the ’50s, though, and she often used the Jello brand box mix for the lemon filling. I loved it, but today, I prefer to make things from scratch. The box mix is much easier, though, and I doubt that you can tell the difference in the taste. I suspect it has a good deal of chemicals in it, however.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups crushed Graham Crackers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix the [url href=”https://www.keebler.com/en_US/products/details/keebler-graham-cracker-crumbs-product.html” target=”_blank”]Graham Cracker Crumbs[/url] with the sugar and pour the mixture into a pie plate.
- Drizzle the butter over the mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the pie plate to create a pie crust.
- Fill with your favorite pie filling.[br][url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg” width=”300″ height=”62″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″][/url]