Pear and Walnut Salad. Scrumptious, unique and interesting. A delightful addition to any meal.
Pear and Walnut Salad
Hi. It’s Lois in someone else’s kitchen. This recipe comes from my good friend, Maggie Stoffel. She is an amazing and inventive cook. I love it when she cooks for me and my family! This Pear and Walnut Salad is an interesting combination of fruit, cheese, nuts and greens. It was beautiful and absolutely scrumptious.
You’re gonna wanna eat this. I know I do. Enjoy! It’s a terrific salad on its own or as a complement to a main course like California Artisan Pizzas.
Tools You Need
Buy the best kitchen tools you can afford. Whether you like to cook or just need to do it, you will have them a long time. So spend the extra bucks and buy good ones.
Pear and Walnut Salad Recipe
Pear and Walnut Salad
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 2 pinches each powdered ginger, cayenne pepper, allspice and cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Bosc pears (red are prettiest for this salad)
- 2 cups mixed spring greens or half baby spinach/half baby arugula
- 3 oz gorgonzola or crumbled feta
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces
- fresh thyme leaves
Make the vinaigrette by whisking the five vinaigrette ingredients together until they are completely combined.
- Arrange greens in the bottom of the bowl; a wide shallow bowl works nicely.
Cut, core and slice the pears into a separate bowl.
Toss the pears with the vinaigrette.
- When you are ready to serve, arrange the pears on the greens.
- Pour any remaining pear juice/vinaigrette over the fruit and greens.
Top the salad with the walnuts and the cheese of choice.
Sprinkle a few fresh thyme leaves on top for added flavor and color.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Pear and Walnut Salad Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Avocado and Raspberry Salad
- Simple Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Basil French Dressing
- Easy Russian Dressing
- Olive Oil Lemon Honey Salad Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vinegar Dressing for Bitter Lettuce