A simple Sliced Tomato makes a wonderful side for any meal, especially if it is a home grown tomato. But add a little olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar and a bit of fresh parsley and I'm in heaven.
Simple Sliced Tomato Salad is best when it's fresh.
This Sliced Tomato Recipe couldn't be any simpler. You don't have to measure (but I'll give you measurements in the recipe anyway). You don't have to whisk. Really. You just slice the tomato, fan it out, splash on a little olive oil, shake on a bit of vinegar. Add some parsley to make it prettier, and eat. It is our "go to" recipe this time of year.
What You Need
You need a sharp or serrated knife (affiliate link), cutting board and a flat serving dish. A pair of scissors is helpful, as well. And put on John Denver's "Home Grown Tomato" song while you're eating.
Sliced Tomato Recipe
Sliced Tomato Salad
- 1 medium home grown tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves only
- Slice the tomato into ¼ inch slices.
- Lay the tomatoes in a flat dish with each layer covering the previous layer about halfway.
- Sprinkle the olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the red wine vinegar over the tomatoes and oil.
- Toss the chopped parsley evenly over the tomatoes.
- Serve. It's best at room temperature, but you can make this in advance and refrigerate until serving.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF, V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Simple Sliced Tomato and Onion Salad
- Tomato Red Pepper Salad
- Green Bean Tomato Salad
- Corn Pancakes
- Lentil Sweet Potato Salad
- Fried Green Tomatoes
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop August 4, 2020 and updated September 2, 2021.