Sweet Five Seed Crackers make a delicious appetizer on their own or topped with your favorite goat cheese or hummus. They are crispy, tasty, gluten-free crackers made with seeds, water, fruit, and spices.
Sweet Five Seed Crackers will have you smacking your lips.
I love the combination of spices in these surprisingly simple Sweet Five Seed Crackers. Spread them with a little cream cheese and a sliver of apple for a beautiful moment of gracious living. Since they are free of all major allergens, just about anyone can eat them. And everyone will love these crackers.
The idea for the crackers came from Quite Good Food, and I previously published a similar recipe, Five Seed Crackers, that has a robust, spicy combination of spices. The taste is entirely different, but it’s terrific, too.
What You Need
You will need a bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a rubber spatula, one or two baking sheets, and parchment paper or a silicone mat (affiliate link) for easy clean up. You will also need an airtight container to put the baked crackers in to keep them fresh. But they probably won’t last very long because they are just that good.
Sweet Five Seed Crackers RecipePrint
Sweet Five Seed Crackers
Crispy, flavorful crackers made with seeds, dried berries, water and spices.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (can be white or black or a mixture)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (use sea salt for corn free))
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins; or dried blueberries or dried cherries)
- Dump all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Let the bowl stand for about 15 minutes until the water is mostly absorbed. Stir.
- Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet (or two sheets if you like your crackers thinner).
- Spread the seed mixture evenly over the baking sheet(s). I use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture.
- Bake at 340°F for a total of 60-70 minutes, turning the pan halfway through to make sure it bakes evenly.
- If you are using two baking sheets, the timing will be about 1 hour. If you are using one sheet, you will need to bake the crackers a few minutes longer.
- Bake until the crackers are just starting to brown. Then remove them from the oven. If you bake them until they are nicely browned across the whole top, they will have a slightly different flavor, which is also excellent. So try them both ways and see what you like best.
- Let the crackers cool. Then break them into shards.
- Or, if you prefer square crackers, take them out of the oven after 30 minutes and cut them into squares, returning them to the oven to finish baking for the remaining 30-40 minutes.
Note: If you prefer a savory cracker, see our Five Seed Crackers recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/18th the recipe, or about two 3" x 4" Sweet Five Seed Crackers
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 197.8 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: five seed crackers, gluten free, gluten free crackers, sweet five seed crackers
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES TO GET TIPS, RECIPES & FREE GIFTS
I think you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Five Seed Crackers (Gluten Free)
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Baba Ghannooj Eggplant Dip
- Mexican Layered Dip
- Knorr’s Spinach Dip
- Shrimp with Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Why Do I Need a Food Journal
- Celebrate Your Successes
- Are You Gluten Intolerant?
- Food Allergy, Sensitivity or Intolerance?
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop September 17, 2020 and updated April 1, 2021.