Three Layer Mint Brownies. Rich. Chocolatey. Minty. MAH-vel-ous! Beautiful on the plate. Delicious in the mouth.
Three Layer Mint Brownies
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop. This Three Layer Mint Brownies recipe is another of my family’s favorite Christmas “cookies.” They are easy to make and very pretty when served alongside other cookies. They are also lovely served on a plate with a strawberry, which is the way my friend, Michelle Esser, served them the first time I ate them. I thought they were so good, I had to get the recipe. That was in the mid-1980s and I’ve been making them ever since.
I now make them gluten free using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix (which is great because you use it in the same proportions as regular flour), and Erin and I both like them even better, possibly because when I use GF flour, I add more chocolate. See Gluten Free 3 Layer Mint Brownies.
When I make them with wheat flour, I prefer Pillsbury Unbleached All Purpose Flour. What flour do you like best?
Three Layer Mint Brownies Recipe (Wheat Flour)
Three-Layer Mint Brownies
Three layers of deliciousness: brownie, mint icing, chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 12-ounce can Hershey's Syrup
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 stick butter
- 1 small package chocolate chips
- Mix the first three ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add Hershey's Syrup. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350F degrees for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, milk, peppermint extract, and a few drops of green food coloring.
- Beat until smooth and spread on cooled brownies.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler. This can be done in the microwave, but be careful. Chocolate burns easily so microwave it on high for one or two minutes at a time and stir it frequently. Mix well.
- Cool and spread evenly over mint layer.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Cut into two-inch squares (very rich!).
Note: brownies must be refrigerated or they tend to melt.
Store in refrigerator
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Three Layer Mint Brownies (Wheat Flour) Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
- Danish Sugar Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Coconut Kiss Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Shortbread Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Cherry Squares
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?