RECIPE IDEA: Egg-y Potato Salad
Hi. This is Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about my Egg-y Potato Salad. This potato salad is a cross between egg salad and potato salad.
I learned how to make this Eggy-y Potato Salad from my mom. Two of the key ingredients for her recipe are hard-boiled eggs and sliced radishes. She spoiled me. I love it that way too, and so does my family. The eggs make it richer and the radishes spice it up just a bit. It’s also pretty because there are so many colors—red, yellow, green. There’s still time for a good old-fashioned picnic or backyard barbecue.
Potato Salad is good for a picnic, potluck or a formal luncheon or dinner. It’s an excellent starchy side dish that most people love.
Please tell me what you think when you try it. Be sure to comment on the post!
- 10-12 small red potatoes (or white russet potatoes)
- 6 [url href=”http://recipeideashop.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-hard-boiled-egg/” target=”_blank”]hard-boiled eggs[/url]
- 1/2 a green pepper, diced (or red pepper)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- small package of radishes, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- Salt & pepper as desired
- If you are using red potatoes, leave the skins on and cut in small chunks. (I always peel the russet potatoes when I use these.)
- Boil in a pan on top of the stove until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain, rinse and soak in cold water until cool.
- Cook the eggs until hard boiled.
- Cool, remove the shells and slice into small chunks.
- Mix all ingredients and taste to adjust seasonings.
- I like my potato salad very creamy, so I use about 1/2 a cup of Miracle Whip.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.