Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash. Simple. Easy. Sweet squash. It looks a bit like an acorn squash, but it’s multicolored. And it tastes SO much better.
Have you tried Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash? Sweet dumpling squash is definitely my favorite squash. Roasting it brings out the natural sweetness. And this sweet dumpling squash recipe is super easy with only two ingredients.
I had never tried this particular squash until a couple years ago. I thought—since it was shaped like an Acorn Squash—that it was just a variation of that squash. But it is much sweeter when roasted, and the texture is more like a Butternut Squash. I guess that’s how it gets its name. I am sure you could bake it the way I make acorn squash and it would be delicious, too.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a good knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, and a baking sheet. I always use a jelly roll pan instead of a sideless baking sheet. Save yourself some time and get Parchment Paper to cover the Jelly Roll Pan. You’ll have a much easier time cleaning up!
Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash Recipe
Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash
Roasting this Sweet Dumpling Squash caramelizes the flesh and makes it super sweet.
- 1 Sweet Dumpling Squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oven to 425F degrees.
- Cut the squash in half, stem to bottom.
- Remove the seeds and stringy pulp.
- Slice the squash in thin, moon-shaped slices.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over a jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet).
- Place the cut squash flesh side down in one layer on the cookie sheet and move is around a little to coat it with the oil.
- Drizzle the top side of the squash with the remaining oil.
- Bake at 425F degrees for 20-25 minutes, turning the squash over halfway through.
- The squash is done when it is starting to brown (caramelize) and is tender.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?