Try this Asparagus Tomato Frittata recipe. Delicious. Simple. You got this.
Asparagus Tomato Frittata Exquisite Breakfast
Hi. It’s Lois. Don made this lovely Asparagus Tomato Frittata for us, and we loved it. I was the sous chef, slicing and dicing.
You may notice that we like Frittatas. They are the Italian version of an omelet and there’s no folding involved. So it’s an easier way to have a special breakfast. And so beautiful! The eggs fluff up, and it only takes about 30 minutes, start to finish, to make a frittata.
I especially liked the asparagus in this frittata, but you can use just about any vegetable you like to make one. We had fresh asparagus that needed to be used, so we used that, along with a bit of onion, some red bell pepper, and some grape tomatoes. The asparagus stayed a bit crisp and it was perfect. We garnished it with sliced grape tomatoes.
Don used our 10-inch cast iron skillet to make this Asparagus Tomato Frittata. It’s the perfect size for two servings. Try it. I know you’re gonna wanna eat this. But you might want to get some cast iron skillets if you don’t already have them. They are terrific!
Asparagus Tomato Frittata Recipe
Asparagus Tomato Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh chopped asparagus
- 12 grape tomatoes halved
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Using a 10-inch cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onions and bell pepper until soft. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs until blended. Add milk and spices, mix, and pour the egg mixture into the well oiled cast iron skillet.
- Spread the sautéd vegetables and half of the tomatoes over the egg mixture..
- Cook over medium heat until the egg mixture is nearly set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the skillet a couple of inches below the broiler element and broil until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining tomatoes.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Asparagus Tomato Frittata Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomato Basil Pie
- Gluten Free Tomato Basil Quiche
- Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?