South Beach Florentine Egg Cups. Quick grab-n-go South Beach Diet (phase 1) breakfast. Low-calorie, easy-to-make-and-reheat eggs for a quick breakfast.
South Beach florentine egg cups are flavorful and filling.
These spinach egg cups are tasty, simple to make, and freeze well. So you can make a batch, eat some, and save some for later. They take about 1 minute in my microwave to warm up when they are frozen. Great grab & go breakfast.
The original recipe came from The South Beach Diet cookbook (affiliate link). The recipes in this book are all excellent, and this recipe is one of the best. I love that I can make a batch (12) of these and then just heat them in the microwave as I want them.
Sometimes I vary the vegetables I use in the recipe. Instead of peppers, I have used zucchini squash or asparagus. It's good no matter what vegetables are used.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, ramekins or a cupcake tin, and a colander. But what you really want is a terrific coffee maker (affiliate link), right?
South Beach Florentine Egg Cups Recipe
South Beach Florentine Egg Cups
- 1 9 or 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and water squeezed out or 2 cups fresh baby spinach, steamed
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheese Pecorino Romano**, mozzarella or cheddar
- ¼ cup diced red or green peppers
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 1-2 Dash of hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper optional
- 1 8- ounce container of Egg Beaters or 10-12 eggs, beaten
- Mix all of the ingredients except the Egg Beaters and divide this mixture into 12 ½-cup ramekins that have been sprayed with oil.
- Pour the Egg Beaters evenly into each ramekin.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After the eggs cups cool, run a table knife around the egg cups and remove them from the ramekins.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF (optional), NF, SF, CF (use sea salt), V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Wild Mushroom and Gruyere Quiche
- Cheesy Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
- South Beach Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon
- South Beach Lemon Ricotta Creme
- Hearts of Palm Salad (South Beach)
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop June 11, 2015 and updated August 18, 2021.