South Beach Florentine Egg Cups. Quick grab-n-go breakfast. Low-calorie, easy-to-make-and-reheat eggs for a quick breakfast.
South Beach Florentine Egg Cups
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about South Beach Florentine Egg Cups. They are tasty, simple to make, and freeze well. So you can make a batch, eat some, and save some for later. They take about 1 minute in my microwave to warm up when they are frozen. Great grab & go breakfast.
The original recipe came from The South Beach Diet cookbook. The recipes in this book are all excellent, and this recipe is one of the best ones. I love that I can make a batch of these and then just heat them in the microwave as I want them.
I have varied the vegetables in these egg cups. Instead of peppers, I have used zucchini squash or asparagus. It’s good no matter what vegetables are used.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, ramekins or a cupcake tin, and a colander. But what you really want is a terrific coffee maker, right?
South Beach Florentine Egg Cups Recipe
South Beach Florentine Egg Cups
Excellent spinach eggs.
- 1 9 or 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and water squeezed out or 2 cups fresh baby spinach, steamed)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (Pecorino Romano, mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1/4 cup diced red or green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1-2 Dash of hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 8-ounce container of Egg Beaters (or 10-12 eggs, beaten)
- Mix all of the ingredients except the Egg Beaters and divide this mixture into 12 1/2-cup ramekins that have been sprayed with oil.
- Pour the Egg Beaters evenly into each ramekin.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After the eggs cups cool, run a table knife around the egg cups and remove them from the ramekins.
The egg cups can be wrapped in plastic and frozen in a freezer bag until you want to eat them. Two egg cups can be reheated in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot. They are low in calories; each cup is about 50-60 calories.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Wild Mushroom and Gruyère Quiche
- Cheesy Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
- South Beach Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon
- South Beach Lemon Ricotta Creme
- Hearts of Palm Salad (South Beach)
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?