This Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake is gluten free and quick to make. Just 10 minutes to whip it up and 35 minutes to bake. Eat it warm or at room temperature.
Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake is sweet and tangy.
Did you know February 16 is National Almond Day? I love almond extract so I made this easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake (Gluten Free). It's pretty simple to make, but there are a couple of tricks to it.
There are two tricks to this recipe. First, gluten free cakes and breads need eggs (or something) to bind them together, and the batter needs to be whipped on high speed for a couple of minutes to whip some air into it and lighten it up a bit. Second, bake the cake for a little while, in this case, 10 minutes, before adding the topping. Otherwise the topping will sink to the bottom and it won't be as pretty. Of course, it will still taste super good.
The combination of sweetness, almond extract flavoring, and tart cherries is so good. I could sit down and eat the whole cake. That's why I usually make this only for special events or to take to community meals.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a bowl, measuring cups and spoons, an electric mixer and a small food processor. And of course, almond extract and tart dried cherries.
Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake (Gluten Free)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, almond milk, and canola oil until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder on top of the previous ingredients. Give these dry ingredients a little stir to combine them, and then mix with the wet ingredients until combined.
- Whip on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8” x 10” cake pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°F.
- While the cake is baking, in a small food processor, chop the cherries and pecans.
- Add the canola oil and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle the cherry-nut mixture over the top of the cake, and return it to the oven to bake another 25 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, SF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Almond Coffee Cake
- Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake
- Benefits of drinking coffee
- Sour Cream Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
- Mima's Gluten Free Coffee Cake
- Wisconsin Kringle
- The best countertop oven for baking cakes
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop June 8, 2018 and updated February 16, 2021.