This Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake is gluten free and quick to make. Just 10 minutes to whip it up and 35 minutes to bake. Eat it warm or at room temperature.
Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake is sweet and tangy.
Did you know February 16 is National Almond Day? I love almond extract so I made this easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake (Gluten Free). It’s pretty simple to make, but there are a couple of tricks to it.
There are two tricks to this recipe. First, gluten free cakes and breads they need eggs (or something) to bind them together, and the batter needs to be whipped on high speed for a couple of minutes to whip some air into it and lighten it up a bit. Second, bake the cake for a little while—in this case, 10 minutes—before adding the topping. Otherwise the topping will sink to the bottom and it won’t be as pretty. Of course, it will still taste super good.
The combination of sweetness, almond extract flavoring, and tart cherries is so good. I could sit down and eat the whole cake. That’s why I usually make this only for special events or to take to community meals.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a bowl, measuring cups and spoons, an electric mixer and a small food processor. And of course, almond extract and tart dried cherries.
Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake (Gluten Free)
Sweet and tangy, an excellent treat anytime.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, almond milk, and canola oil until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder on top of the previous ingredients. Give these dry ingredients a little stir to combine them, and then mix with the wet ingredients until combined.
- Whip on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8” x 10” cake pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350F degrees.
- While the cake is baking, in a small food processor, chop the cherries and pecans.
- Add the canola oil and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle the cherry-nut mixture over the top of the cake, and return it to the oven to bake another 25 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, SF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Almond Coffee Cake
- Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake
- Sour Cream Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
- Mima’s Gluten Free Coffee Cake
- Wisconsin Kringle
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES TO GET TIPS, RECIPES & FREE GIFTS
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes and tips. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop June 8, 2018 and updated February 16, 2021.