Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew. Easy peasy. Potatoes, of course. Black beans. A few spices and a little wine. So tasty. Good protein.
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a scrumptious slow cooker recipe, Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew.
Whenever I’m looking for a good vegetarian dish, I go to my old standby cookbooks. One of them is Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. I can always count on her recipes to be delicious. In this case, I started with Robertson’s recipe and then adapted it to my tastes and available ingredients.
TOOLS FOR A WELL-EQUIPPED KITCHEN
Every kitchen should have the very best tools you can afford. At the least, buy yourself a good set of pans, a slow cooker, an Instant Pot, measuring cups and spoons, and the best set of chef’s knives you can afford. Also be sure to get a full sized food processor and a mini food processor. These tools are essential for any well-equipped kitchen!
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew Recipe
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots (halved lengthwise)
- 6-8 small potatoes (white or red, halved and quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup dry white whine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach or other dark leafy greens chopped
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onions to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
Sauté the carrots, and garlic in the skillet (about 5 minutes) and transfer them to the crockpot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the spinach to the crockpot.
Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add the spinach to the crockpot.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crockpot Maple Baked Beans
- Crockpot Veggie Stew
- Vegan Mexican Rice