Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew. Easy peasy. Potatoes, of course. Black beans. A few spices and a little wine. So tasty. Good protein.
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a scrumptious slow cooker recipe, Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew.
Whenever I’m looking for a good vegetarian dish, I go to my old standby cookbooks. One of them is Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker (affiliate link) by Robin Robertson. I can always count on her recipes to be delicious. In this case, I started with Robertson’s recipe and then adapted it to my tastes and available ingredients.
WHAT YOU NEED
You’ll need a good knife, cutting board, slow cooker (of course), measuring cups and spoons, a colander, and a good sauté pan. Buy the best you can afford and you’ll never be sorry.
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew RecipePrint
Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew
Hearty, savory vegan stew with potatoes and beans.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 360 minutes
- Total Time: 380 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American, Gluten Free
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1½ cups baby carrots (halved lengthwise)
- 6–8 small potatoes (white or red, halved and quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (drained in a colander and rinsed)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup dry white whine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste (use sea salt for corn free)
- 1 cup spinach or other dark leafy greens (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onions to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sauté the carrots, and garlic in the skillet (about 5 minutes) and transfer them to the crockpot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the spinach to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add the spinach to the crockpot.
Keywords: Crockpot Veggie Irish Stew
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crockpot Maple Baked Beans
- Crockpot Veggie Stew
- Vegan Mexican Rice
- Celebrate Your Successes
- Is it Food Allergy, Sensitivity or Intolerance?
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES TO GET TIPS, RECIPES & FREE GIFTS
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop September 9, 2015 and updated March 19, 2021.