Easy Chicken Marsala is the best Chicken Marsala recipe. It tastes better than most Chicken Marsala you are served in restaurants and it’s simple to make. When you cook at home, you control the quality of the ingredients and you know you are eating something fresh. This Easy Chicken Marsala is so good, your friends will think you are Italian.
Easy Chicken Marsala Might Make You Start Speaking Italian
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you how to make Easy Chicken Marsala. I found this recipe on She Wears Many Hats. It is scrumptious and super easy. I made ours gluten free and used chicken tenders and it took less than 30 minutes. (Cue the Italian Opera music.) Don made it recently and he used boneless chicken breasts, cut thin and pounded to tenderize. It was amazing. I love it when a man cooks for me.
Serve With A Good Pasta
I served it over Schäar’s gluten free spaghetti noodles, which I found to be rather tasteless, so next time I’ll go back to the usual brand I buy, gluten free Bionaturae Organic Penne Rigate . It is made with rice, potato and soy and has the taste and texture of regular pasta.
Skip the Italian Restaurant
Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite Italian entrees. Now that I’ve made it at home a few times, I’ll be making it on a regular basis (but not too often because it’s high in fat, calories and salt). If you need to be gluten free, it would be risky to order it in a restaurant, since the chicken pieces are dredged in flour before cooking. But since it’s super easy, you can now make it at home using gluten free flour (I think Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour is the best).
For this recipe, I used a knife (my preference is a chef’s knife), cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a small rectangular baking dish, and a skillet. What would you use? Go ahead, check out the recipe for Easy Chicken Marsala. Then make some tonight!
Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
Easy Chicken Marsala
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon gluten free flour divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- chopped parsley or chives to garnish
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken tenders.
- Put 1/3 cup gluten free flour in a flat dish and dredge the tenders through it, coating on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, and sauté until golden brown on both sides (turning once), about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter to the pan, then add sliced mushrooms (make sure they are dry) in a single layer and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to the plate with the chicken, and again set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and when hot, add minced onion, cooking until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan; stir.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour and cook for about a minute.
- Add Marsala and chicken stock; continue to cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan until slightly thick, about 2-3 minutes. Add remaining butter and stir to combine.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet; cook for about 2 minutes until heated.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or chives.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Easy Chicken Marsala Nutrition Information
What’s Not to Love?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletterand get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Easy Oven Roasted Spatchcocked Chicken
- Croatian Grilled Chicken
- Easy Non-dairy Chicken Curry
- Pecan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken