Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin, dense, full of flavor, and easy to make. It's mostly a dump, stir, bake recipe for a "bran" muffin made of oats. Yum!
Here's a Blueberry Muffin that's packed with flavor.
Saturday's breakfast was a success! Real comfort food. This Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe is like a blueberry bran muffin (except you use oats). I like to have them on hand for a grab and go breakfast.
I think this the best Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe made with oatmeal. And why wouldn't it be? It's from Bob's Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbookk (affiliate link) by Camilla V. Salisbury. Bob's Red Mill makes terrific gluten-free flour blends. This muffin has the texture of a good bran muffin.
What If You Need Dairy Free Recipes?
If you have been following my blog awhile, you know I am sensitive to gluten and dairy. (You can read more about my health challenge here.) I'm lucky because I can tolerate milk and butter when it's cooked in something, so I usually use the real thing. If you need to be dairy free, substitute olive or canola oil for the butter (or even coconut oil) and swap out the milk with your favorite milk alternative.
Honey and blueberries make this muffin just a tad sweet. It's moist, has a wonderfully dense texture, and is tasty. Because it's like a bran muffin, don't expect light and airy.
No Need to Add Jam
I eat these muffins without adding any butter or jam to them, but Don spreads them with butter, just for the added flavor. Be sure to spray your cupcake liners with a little oil (such as Pam) and they will slip right out of the liners.
This Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe places in my Top Recipes category, hands down!
What You Really Need
You will, obviously, need a muffin pan (affiliate link). A good food processor is essential too, along with measuring cups and spoons. When you are equipping your kitchen, buy the good stuff. It will last your lifetime. There's no point buying something that is going to rust or deteriorate quickly. If you need your recipe to be gluten free, like I do, be sure to buy Gluten Free Oats.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin
- 2½ cups gluten free oatmeal quick or old-fashioned
- 1 tablespoon Rumford Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup warmed slightly
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup dried blueberries
- Pam spray
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Process oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a food processor, pulsing to combine until the oats are like coarse flour.
- Warm honey/syrup in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- In a 2-cup bowl or measuring cup, whisk the egg until blended. Add the milk, melted butter and warmed honey, and whisk to combine.
- Dump the combined wet ingredients into the oats mixture and pulse to combine.
- Add the blueberries.
- Pulse to combine.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake baking cups.
- Lightly spray the cupcake baking cups with Pam.
- Fill the 12 cups evenly with batter.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, NF, SF, CF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Don's Homemade English Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- Blueberry Compote
- Blueberry Buckle
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop August 29, 2015 and updated July 9, 2021.