Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin, dense, full of flavor, and easy to make.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe. Saturday’s breakfast was a success! Real comfort food.
I have found the best Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe made with oatmeal. And why wouldn’t it be? It’s from Bob’s Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook by Camilla V. Salisbury. Bob’s Red Mill makes terrific gluten-free flour blends. This muffin has the texture of a good bran muffin.
Honey and blueberries make this muffin just a tad sweet. It’s moist, has a wonderful texture, and is tasty. This muffin has the dense texture of a bran muffin, so don’t expect light and airy.
No Need to Add Jam
I ate it without adding any butter or jam to it, but Don spread it with butter, just for the added flavor. Be sure to spray your cupcake liners with a little oil (such as Pam) and they will slip right out of the liners.
This Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe places in my Top Recipes category, hands down!
Tools You Really Need
You will, obviously, need a muffin pan. A good food processor is essential too, along with measuring cups and spoons. When you are equipping your kitchen, buy the good stuff. It will last your lifetime. There’s no point buying something that is going to rust or deteriorate quickly.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 tablespoon Rumford Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (warmed slightly)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- Pam spray
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Process oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a food processor, pulsing to combine until the oats are like coarse flour.
- Warm honey/syrup in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- In a 2-cup bowl or measuring cup, whisk the egg until blended. Add the milk, melted butter and warmed honey, and whisk to combine.
- Dump the combined wet ingredients into the oats mixture and pulse to combine.
- Add the blueberries.
- Pulse to combine.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake baking cups.
- Lightly spray the cupcake baking cups with Pam.
- Fill the 12 cups evenly with batter.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Don’s Homemade English Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Jalapeño Cornbread
- Blueberry Compote
- Blueberry Buckle