RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffin with Marmalade. SO good!
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. I had some delicious Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash so I used it instead of Pumpkin in these Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins. My original gluten free muffin recipe came from Bob’s Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook by Camilla V. Salisbury. Bob’s Red Mill makes terrific gluten-free flour blends.
The honey and roasted squash/pumpkin make this muffin just a tad sweet, but I found it amazing with the orange marmalade. The muffin is moist, has a wonderful texture and tastes of a hint of ginger. Spray your muffin tins or cupcake liners with a little oil (such as Pam) and they will slip right out when baked.
- 3 cups gluten free oatmeal (quick or old-fahsioned)
- 1 tablespoon Rumford Baking Powder (gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or oil)
- 1 1/2 cups puréed pumpkin or Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash
- Pam spray
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Process oats, baking powder, salt and spices n in a food processor, pulsing to combine until the oats are like coarse flour.
- Warm honey/syrup in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- In a 2-cup bowl or measuring cup, whisk the egg until blended. Add the milk, melted butter and warmed honey, and whisk to combine.
- Dump the combined wet ingredients into the oats mixture and pulse to combine.
- Add the pumpkin and pulse to thoroughly combine.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake baking cups.
- Lightly spray the cupcake baking cups with Pam.
- Fill the 12 cups evenly with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.