Green Lentil Salad is a quick, delicious salad you can eat as a main dish or a side salad.
Green Lentil Salad
Green lentils are wonderful because they retain their shape and can be cooked crisp. They don't get mushy easily like the brown, yellow, or red ones. For this Green Lentil Salad, I used some lentils I had previously cooked. Then I added a few raw vegetables, an apple and a nice vinaigrette to create a scrumptious main dish salad.
Since the dressing doesn't use mayonnaise, this is a great picnic or potluck recipe. And since it's vegan, nearly everyone can eat it. If you don't have precooked green lentils, they are easy to make. See our French Green Lentils recipe.
What You Need
For this recipe you need measuring cups and spoons, a good knife, cutting board, mixing bowl, and organic green lentils (affiliate link), of course. Try to get the organic kind of lentil if you can.
Green Lentil Salad Recipe
Green Lentil Salad
- 3 cups cooked green lentils cooked crisp
- 3 green onions sliced—white and tender green parts only
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 red apple cored and chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped
- Mix the lentils, onions, celery, apple and red pepper.
- Make the vinaigrette in a separate bowl or measuring cup, by whisking the oil, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper until emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the lentil mixture and stir to coat.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- French Green Lentils
- Lentil Rice & Fruit Salad
- Lentil, Lemon and Tuna Salad
- Turkish Lentils and Lamb
- Egyptian Lentils and Pasta
- French Mixed Vegetables and Ham
- Mental Lentil Soup
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop January 22, 2013 and updated May 18, 2021.