RECIPE IDEA: Stuffed Mushrooms
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen. Stuffed Mushrooms make delicious party food. They are an easy, eye-appealing appetizer for any occasion. You can eat them while standing. Two bites (at most) and you finish them. No mess. This recipe has very good flavor and I love to make them when I have dinner parties.
Stuffed Mushrooms are always one of the first appetizers to disappear at a party. So make plenty.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 1 pound medium mushrooms (about 24)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (scallions) with tops
- 1 clove garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1/4 cup butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ends from mushroom stems and discard.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop finely.
- Cook and stir mushroom stems, green onions and garlic in butter or oil over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing mixture. Place mushrooms filled sides up in greased baking dish.
- Bake in 350F degree oven 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- [b]Alternate Idea:[/b]
- Add a little cooked, spicy sausage to the mix.