Roasted Vegetables deliver intense flavor. They are so simple to make anyone can do it. Perfect for a cold winter's evening.
Roasted Vegetables are easy and wicked good.
Roasting vegetables strongly enhances the flavor . It's simple to do, and the flavors of Roasted Vegetables are amazing. You can use any vegetables you like. This works especially well for eggplant. There's really only one trick to this recipe.
This is a good recipe to make on a rainy day or in the middle of winter because this cooking method requires high heat in the oven. Prepping the veggies and roasting them takes about 50 minutes, and most of the time is just waiting for them to bake. So grab your favorite beverage and catch up with your family while you wait.
Here's the Trick
Be sure to cut the vegetables about the same size so they cook at the same speed. Some vegetables take a bit longer than others. Potatoes and carrots cook at the same rate as each other and are a good pairing when using this method. I suggest you bake eggplant on a separate pan as it cooks faster than the other vegetables.
What You Need
As always, buy the best quality you can afford. You want your kitchen appliances and tools to last a lifetime. You need a knife, cutting board, bowl, and a baking sheet. For easy clean up, get yourself a silicone baking mat to put over your baking sheet.
Easy Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 pound button mushrooms (washed, dried, and sliced in half)
- 1 green pepper (seeded and cut in chunks)
- 1 small zucchini (cut in rounds)
- 1 small yellow squash (cut in rounds)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and cut in bite-sized chunks)
- 4 small red potatoes (washed and quartered)
Olive Oil Mixture
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (can be a mixture of oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, or just choose one)
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Olive Oil Mixture
- Mix the oil, herbs, salt and pepper together until thoroughly blended.
- Put all of the cleaned, prepared vegetables in a large bowl.
- Pour the Olive Oil Mixture over the vegetables and gently stir to evenly coat the vegetables with the oil mixture.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a jelly roll pan (or a cookie sheet) that has been covered with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Bake & Serve
- Bake at 450F degrees for 40 minutes, turning the vegetables over midway.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF, V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Smoky Maple Root Vegetables
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie
- Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin
- Indian Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin
- Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash
- Roasted Ratatouille
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop April 21, 2011 and updated December 9, 2020.