Cabbage Pineapple Slaw is a coleslaw-type salad with a bit of sweetness.
Cabbage Pineapple Slaw is scrumptious.
This is a deliciously light "coleslaw" type salad made without milk or mayonnaise and uses just 7 ingredients, so it is perfect for a spring or summer picnic. It's an easy recipe and takes about 15 minutes to make. I suggest you take it to your next "carry in" (potluck). Or make it for your family.
Cabbage Pineapple Slaw is a terrific side dish salad to serve with Spatchcocked Chicken or any other meat. Add a bit of French Potato Salad or a Lentil Sweet Potato Salad and you have a wonderful meal.
What You Need
You will need knives, cutting board, box shredder or food processor with a shredding blade (affiliate link), mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons and a serving dish. Get yourself some lovely dinnerware (affiliate link) or make this recipe for a picnic and buy a picnic backpack. Super fun.
Cabbage Pineapple Slaw Recipe
Cabbage, Carrots, Pineapple Slaw
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about ½ a head; you can do this by hand or with a food processor)
- 4 medium carrots (peeled and shredded)
- 1 large can pineapple chunks (drained, or 1 cup fresh)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or juice of one lemon)
- ¼ cup orange juice (or juice of one orange)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, and pineapple.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour this dressing mixture over the vegetable/fruit mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Traditional Coleslaw
- Apple Walnut Coleslaw
- What to serve with cabbage rolls
- Craisin Coleslaw
- Cucumber and Onion Salad
- Aunt Betty's Dill Cucumber Salad with Onion
- Cucumber Salsa
- Pea and Cucumber Salad
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Cabbage Pineapple Slaw? Yes please. Light. Sweet. Goodness.
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.