A Fried Egg Sandwich is a simple sandwich. You can jazz it up with cheese or fried onions, but it's tasty alone. And so easy a child can make it.
A Fried Egg Sandwich is a comfort food lunch.
I like my Fried Egg Sandwich simple—just bread, butter and one or two fried eggs with hard-cooked yolks. Don likes his to have lots of mayo, mustard and cheese.
As he explained it to me, he said, "Take two pieces of bread and split them open so you have two sides. On the left side, slather on the mayonnaise and then sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top of the mayo. On the other side (piece of bread) put spicy mustard. Then cook the egg and lay it on top of the cheese. The cheese will melt and get all gooey. Then put the mustard bread on top of the egg."
What You Need
You will need a small skillet and a spatula. Get the best you can afford.
Fried Egg Sandwich Recipe
Fried Egg Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 pieces bread
- 2 teaspoons butter (optional, for the bread)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional, for the bread)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional, for the bread)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Option 1: Fried Eggs with Mayo, Mustard and Cheese and Bread
- On one piece of bread, slather on the mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top of the mayo.
- On the other piece of bread, spread the mustard.
- Set the bread aside until you have fried the eggs.
- When the eggs are ready, set the eggs on top of the bread with the mayo and cheese.
- Top the eggs with the mustard covered bread.
Option 2: Fried Eggs with Butter and Bread
- Butter one side of both pieces of bread and set them aside until you fry the eggs.
- When the eggs are ready, put them on one piece of buttered bread and top with the other piece of buttered bread.
Fry the Eggs (for Either Option)
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Break two eggs into the pan.
- Break the yolks and stir slightly to disperse the yolk.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs until they are mostly congealed, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the eggs over to the other side and cook for about 1 minute. Then put the eggs on top of your bread.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!