Recipe Idea: Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop. This Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole is one of my kids’ favorite dishes. Serve it with ham, chicken, meatloaf, just about anything. If they like cheese, the kids will definitely eat it.
It is one of Momma Betty’s (Don’s mom’s) recipes that she kept in her casserole book, a collection of delicious, handwritten recipes. My children requested it every time we went to Momma Betty’s house. It’s one of my favorites, too! When you make this Easy Has Brown Potatoes Casserole, please comment about how you liked it and rate the recipe.
Some tools you will need for Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole are a good set of knives, a Cuisinart mini food processor or a full sized Cuisinart food processor, a cheese grater (if you don’t have a food processor) and a casserole dish. These are similar to what I have:
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can Carnation evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8" baking dish with oil.
- Layer ½ the potatoes, ½ the onion, ½ the cheese.
- Combine the milk, egg and salt.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the potato layers.
- Cover potatoes with aluminum foil.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.