RECIPE IDEA: How to Make Poached Eggs
Hi. It’s Lois at in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, explaining how to make Poached Eggs. Simple. No added fat. Good-for-you eggs.
Poached Eggs were a Saturday favorite when I was growing up. I learned to make them by the time I was 8 years old. We used a cast iron skillet to make them back then, but I now make them in a medium saucepan. My husband Don taught me to add a little white vinegar to the water to prevent the bits of eggs sticking to the pan for an easier clean-up.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 2 eggs
- Pot of water (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Bring to pot of water to a boil.
- Add the vinegar.
- Break the eggshells and drop the eggs, one at a time, into the water.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Gently spoon the water over the eggs.
- When the entire egg is white (yolk also has a white coating on it), the egg is done.
- Remove it from the water with a slotted spoon. Let it drain for a few seconds before putting it in a bowl.
- Gently drain any remaining water from the egg, and serve it over toast.