Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful. Add rice and some sautéed greens and you will have an amazing, satisfying meal that people will rave about for a long, long time. Easy and absolutely packed with flavor.
Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful, Excellent & Ready To Eat In 25 Minutes
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful, another terrific vegan recipe based on a Moosewood Collective recipe. It comes from their Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites cookbook, and it is simply called “Ful.” I absolutely love this recipe.
Ful is a traditional Egyptian/Middle Eastern/North African dish comprised generally of Fava Beans, fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemon and spices. I substituted Black Beans because I like them and I didn’t have any Fava Beans. And the result was terrific. The flavors just burst in your mouth. And it only takes 25 minutes to make it. Check out the recipe.
Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites suggests ideas for pairing this Ful as a side dish with other foods, but I find that Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful is excellent on its own. Add some Sautéed Greens, a piece of fruit and a bit of Amazing Gluten Free French Bread or some rice, and you have a fabulous supper. Filling, delicious, low fat, vegetarian and easy. What more can you want?
Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful Recipe
Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 3 cans black beans drained and rinsed (15 1/2 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 tablespoons chopped fresh curly parsley
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Over medium temperature, heat the oil in a Dutch oven for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the onions, garlic and salt.
- Cover and cook until the onions are transparent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mint and cumin, and continue cooking for another couple minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add the beans. Stir.
- Heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon and parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Middle Eastern Black Bean Ful Nutrition Label
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Sautéed Bitter Greens
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Mediterranean Tzatziki Sauce
- Baked Falafel Balls
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole