My Favorite Chocolate Cake is moist, full of chocolate, and not too sweet. It truly is my favorite.
My favorite chocolate cake turns out great every time
July 20th is International Cake Day. How fun is that? What's your favorite cake? I love cake, especially chocolate. Actually, I love just about anything chocolate. Forget the box mixes! This is easy peasy and SOoooo much better. You almost can't screw it up.
The My Favorite Chocolate Cake recipe originally came from one of those spiral-bound cookbooks that contain recipes contributed by multiple people. It was a Disabled Veterans cookbook from one of the Wisconsin DAV groups. Everything I ever made out of that cookbook was amazing, and this is no exception.
What You Need
I generally use my hand mixer for this cake. I'm not big on beating cakes by hand (meaning with no mixer); I never get enough air in the mix. So save yourself some heartache and get yourself a simple hand mixer like this one. You'll need a bowl, measuring cups and spoons and a cake pan or cupcake pan. But what you really want is a good espresso machine because what's cake without coffee? And some pretty dishes, right?
My Favorite Chocolate Cake Recipe
My Favorite Chocolate Cake
- 1-½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter (or shortening)
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup sweet milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2-¼ teaspoons soda
- ½ cup cocoa
- Cream the sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix in the milk.
- Add the flour, cocoa and soda. Whisk a little to combine the soda into the flour and then mix well.
- Melt the butter and boil the water; mix them together. Add to the mixture.
- Mix well and pour into 3 round cake pans (greased), one 13" x 9" cake pan, or a 12-cupcake tin (line with papers).
- Bake in a 350F degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes (20 minutes for round pans or cupcakes) or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe Nutrition Information
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!