Sweet Baked Acorn Squash, only 3 ingredients. Bake for an hour. How easy is that? Watch me show you how to make it on WHSV’s One-on-One Program with Bob Corso on September 19.
Fall is in the air, and that means it’s time for Sweet Baked Acorn Squash. September 7 is National Acorn Squash Day. There’s a day for just about everything, right?
I love Acorn Squash. Don doesn’t. He only likes it the way his momma made it, with tons of butter and brown sugar. Its super good that way, but I prefer eating it the way my mom made it— with butter and salt and pepper (link for recipe at the end of the post). Both recipes are made the same way. Watch me show you how:
What You Need
You will need a good knife, cutting board, measuring spoons and a casserole dish. But what you really want is a good set of pans, some terrific dinnerware and lovely drink glasses, right?
Sweet Baked Acorn Squash Recipe
Sweet Baked Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Wash the outside of the squash.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff in the center.
- Cut each half of the squash in half (so now you have 4 pieces).
Place the squash on a baking pan with the flesh (inside) side up.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Put one tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in the center of each piece of squash.
- Bake in a 350F degree oven for about 45 minutes or an hour until the squash is tender.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Sweet Baked Acorn Squash with butter and brown sugar. Nutrition Label. Each serving is 1/4 squash.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a free printable shopping list.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Baked Acorn Squash
- How to Make Spaghetti Squash
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Citrus
- Smokin’ Butternut Squash Soup
- Savory Sweet Butternut Squash Rice Salad
- Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash