Tuscan Chicken Soup. Easy peasy 30-minute meal with leftover rotisserie chicken. And, oh, so tasty.
Tuscan Chicken Soup Made With Roasted Chicken Leftovers
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about some light and delicious, Tuscan Chicken Soup.
Do you have left-over chicken that you don’t know what to do with? Make soup! I made this delicious Tuscan Chicken Soup for lunch yesterday. The broth was light and flavorful and the veggies were crisp and scrumptious. I especially like to use leftover roasted rotisserie chicken, which is always terrific. At times, I have used canned chicken and it works wonderfully, too.
This is a quick, light one-pot meal. Perfect for lunch or supper. If you would like a little more flavor, throw in one-quarter cup of chopped fresh basil when you add the spinach. Yum! Add some French Bread and a Green Salad and call it a meal.
I know you’re gonna love this easy meal.
TOOLS EVERY WELL-EQUIPPED KITCHEN NEEDS
Every kitchen should have the very best tools you can afford. At the least, buy yourself a good set of pans, a slow cooker, an Instant Pot, measuring cups and spoons, and the best set of chef’s knives you can afford. Also be sure to get a full sized food processor and a mini food processor. These tools are essential for any well-equipped kitchen!
Tuscan Chicken Soup Recipe
Tuscan Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 14- ounce cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 14.5- ounce can of cannellini beans or any white bean, drained and rinsed
- 2 small zucchinis cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups spinach packed, rinsed and torn (or collards or kale)
- Cook the garlic and onion in the oil until the onion is transparent.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the spinach and cook about 15-20 minutes, until the carrots are crisp tender.
- Stir in the spinach and continue to cook for about 5 minutes more, until spinach is nicely wilted. Serve immediately.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Tuscan Chicken Soup Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Smoking Butternut Squash Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Carrot Cauliflower Lemon Thyme Soup
- French Vegetable Stew
- Croatian Grilled Chicken
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?