Deviled Eggs are super easy to make and just about everyone loves them. What a terrific appetizer for a holiday or party.
Deviled Eggs are the perfect treat.
November 2 is National Deviled Eggs Day. What are they? Deviled Eggs are fancy hard boiled eggs, made by whipping the yolks with mayonnaise, pickles and garlic powder after the eggs have cooled. Then you fill the centers of the eggs with the whipped yolk mixture, put them on a pretty plate, and wait for the “mmmm.”
They are tangy and light, easy to make, delicious and pretty, even if you don’t use a chef’s pastry bag (affiliate link). Perfect for any holiday or family gathering.
What You Need
You will need an electric mixer or a mini food processor (affiliate link), measuring spoons, and a small mixing bowl to make this recipe. And, of course, a lovely plate for serving. I like to make them for special occasions, and I have a fancy crystal serving dish (affiliate link) made just for Deviled Eggs. The only disadvantage to the beautiful dish is that it doesn’t have a lid, so that makes taking it to someone else’s house a bit of a trial. I use toothpicks and plastic wrap to avoid messing up the eggs.
But wouldn’t this clever Deviled Egg Keeper be useful?
Deviled Eggs RecipePrint
Deviled Eggs are tangy, light, beautiful and SO delicious. And easy peasy, of course.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 1 teaspoon dill relish (drained)
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Paprika to garnish
- Hard boil the eggs. To do this, put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and turn the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 12 minutes. Drain. Cover with cold water and toss some ice into the water.
- When cool, peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Pop the yolks out and put them into a small bowl or your little food processor bowl, setting the whites aside for now.
- Using a small food processor or electric mixer, smash the yolks and add all of the other ingredients except the egg whites and the paprika.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white cavities. (Or use a pastry bag to squirt them in in a pretty way.)
- Sprinkle with paprika and arrange on a platter or special deviled eggs serving dish.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- Serving Size: 2 Deviled Eggs
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 74.7 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: deviled eggs
Sign Up For Updates To Get Tips, Recipes & Free Gifts
I think you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, CF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs (traditional method)
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Coconut Shrimp
- Mexican Layered Dip
- Knorr’s Spinach Dip
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Are You Allergic To Gluten? (find out!)
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop in 2012 and updated Nov. 2, 2021.