Recipe Idea: My Favorite Chocolate Brownies
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. Since today is National Brownie Day, I thought I’d post My Favorite Chocolate Brownies recipe. These brownies are a household favorite. I bet everyone at your house loves brownies, too. And you don’t have to use a box mix to get perfect brownies.
When my kids were young, they did not like walnuts in their brownies, but I love them, so I changed the way I make brownies and I like them this way so much better. As an adult, Roni has taken to liking the nuts, too, especially when I bake them on top (so they get crisp and toasted) and I have a hard time getting any with nuts for myself when she is around!
My Favorite Chocolate Brownies recipe was inspired by Betty Crocker. I love my copy of Betty Crocker’s International Cookbook. Every recipe is super good. I highly recommend it. Grab yourself a copy, but first, if you aren’t a member of Amazon Prime, join. It’s a wonderful deal.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate (4 oz)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup [url href=”http://amzn.to/1O7U3eI” target=”_blank”]chopped walnuts[/url] (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 9″ x 12″ pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat or in the microwave until melted. Watch closely as this can burn easily.
- Beat sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- When cool, add the chocolate/butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- [b][u]Now you have an option.[/u][/b] Mix in the walnuts or lay them on top. I like the walnuts on the top of the brownies (as in the picture). Some people like them mixed in. I have found that my kids don’t like nuts in brownies, but I love them, so I put them on top. That way the kids can pick them out, and people who are allergic to nuts will clearly see the brownies have nuts in them. I generally make the pan with half nuts/half no nuts.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9″ x 12″ pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.