Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole will remind you of Grandma’s house.
Let’s have Cheesy Potatoes as a side dish tonight.
This recipe for Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole is one of my kids’ favorite dishes. Serve it with ham, chicken, meatloaf, just about anything. If they like cheese, the kids will definitely eat it. It’s perfect for brunch, supper or as a special side dish for holidays.
It is one of Momma Betty’s (Don’s mom’s) recipes that she kept in her casserole book, a collection of delicious, handwritten recipes developed in the 1950s and ’60s. My children requested it every time we went to Momma Betty’s house. Besides being delicious, the casserole requires only 6 ingredients and is easy to make. It’s a good make-ahead recipe.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a casserole dish, measuring cups and spoons and some type of shredding machine, like a box shredder or a food processor. I use my mini food processor for the onions. But what you really want is some beautiful dinnerware, right?
Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole Recipe
Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (one package frozen)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or regular salt)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8" baking dish with oil.
- Layer 1/2 the potatoes, 1/2 the onion, 1/2 the cheese.
- Combine the milk, egg and salt.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the potato layers.
- Cover potatoes with aluminum foil.
- Bake 60 minutes.
Uncover and bake 15 minutes more until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole
- Parmesan Squash Casserole
- Southern Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole
- Sausage Egg Casserole